Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Estate

The Estate
(Dedicated to a friend)

The singular place I don’t want to be
Is the worldly sphere of antipathy.
A far better sanctum incredibly great
Is my very own niche in my Master’s Estate.

An exclusive retreat in a bastion of granite,
The most sought after abode on the entire planet.
My castle is brimmed with abundance of treasure,
With peace and contentment beyond any measure.

I walk the straight path with peers of my creed
And revel in the fact that my soul had been freed.
Kept happy and safe by guardians galore,
Entertained, respected and pampered to core.

Plied daily with platters of exquisite cuisine,
Amused by court jesters the best I have seen.
Attired to the nines in gaudy array,
I amble about blithely to fritter the day.

A stable of ladies dressed gaily in red,
To share in the comforts including my bed.
My bankroll redoubles with each breath that I take,
And my subjects toil daily just for my sake.

No homestead so grand though some will disdain,
They would entreat you to believe that I am insane.
But I leave it to you my brethren repenten
As I sign of with love from my cell in San Quentin.



Copyright © 2016 Lawrence Entertainment Group

No comments:

Post a Comment